Now Hiring Police Officer Cadet Training Program
The Medicine Hat Police Service wants you to become a member of our team! We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a dedicated group of police professionals, serving and protecting our community with pride. As a member of the MHPS you will be part of a progressive, thriving organization and a community with plenty to offer.
The MHPS is currently seeking applicants for the position of police constable. Ten applicants will be selected from this application process, be sworn in as police cadets and commence 17 weeks of police recruit training at the MHPS starting on January 8, 2018.
The Police Cadet training program has been accredited by the Lethbridge College and will follow standards set forth by the Alberta Solicitor General’s office. Upon successful completion of the cadet training program, three cadets will be selected for immediate employment as a police constable with the MHPS. The remaining cadets will be shortlisted for consideration should additional vacancies arise over the next year.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
- At least 18 years old
- Alberta Grade 12 or equivalent (Certificate Required)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Driver’s abstract dated within one month of application. More than five (5) demerit points disqualifies applicant.
- Applicants shall not have a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted (proof
of pardon required). Applicants shall not have any criminal charges before the courts.
- Meet the minimum vision requirements approved by the Alberta Solicitor General and Public Security. Applicants must submit a vision report (Included in Employment application along with standards)
- Must pass a full Police Service security clearance as outlined in the Medicine Hat Service Policy and Procedures, including a polygraph examination;
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their completed application to Competition #17075A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information and complete application details please click here www.mhps.ca
Please note - It is your responsibility to submit your completed application as outlined on the Medicine Hat Police Service website to be considered www.mhps.ca, which includes the following documents:
Personal Disclosure Form
APCAT Test Brochure
APREP Fit to Serve
This posting will remain open until Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.