Now Hiring Manager of Facilities (Engineer)
The Corporate Asset Management department has an exciting opportunity to join their management team! This professional management position is responsible for team leadership and provision of integrated facilities management encompassing building support functions, operations, lifecycle maintenance, and capital works to the various corporate facilities including all associated infrastructure systems and plants.
Our ideal candidate has excellent technical and managerial expertise to achieve departmental and corporate objectives; has working knowledge of civil engineering as it relates to the design, construction and lifecycle management of municipal buildings and has experience sponsoring projects and knowledge of space allocation. This position requires excellent demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communication skills along with an ability to work well with others and lead an effective team. As the successful candidate, you will act with considerable freedom and independent professional judgement within corporate and departmental policies.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Engineering degree, preferably a Civil discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Professional membership in or the ability to become a Professional Member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Five (5) years of directly related experience as a Professional Engineer, including four (4) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- May act as a Responsible Member in accordance with the City of Medicine Hat Professional Practice Management Plan and Corporate License to Practice as permitted by APEGA.
- A management approved equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
If you have a desire to make an impact in the City in which you live, please forward your resume in complete confidence to email@example.com. For further information, please contact Emily Mendoza or Shauna Louie at (587) 353-9800.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.