Now Hiring Senior Systems Analyst – Network Specialist
The City of Medicine Hat Information and Computer Services department is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Analyst to join their team and provide technical leadership and expertise for the City’s network and network security environments. Reporting to the Superintendent of Technical Services, this role is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, protection and support of network infrastructure and applications in a complex IT environment. This position will work closely with clients and stakeholders to understand and advocate for network solutions, provide direction, information and recommendations regarding network services.
As our ideal candidate, you have extensive working knowledge of relevant Cisco networking environments and network security technologies. You have demonstrated your ability to administer and maintain the integrity and reliability of mid-sized corporate networks to ensure optimal functionality, performance and security. You have effective analytical and communication skills, and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment. If you are open to new concepts and technologies, enjoy working as part of a team to develop solutions for users and take pride in achieving effective results then this opportunity is for you!
You also bring the following technical qualifications:
- Computer Science Diploma (minimum) from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in a Network Systems Analyst (or similar) position, with at least 2 years’ experience working as a senior network resource;
- Relevant industry certifications (such as Cisco CCNP or CCIE) considered an asset;
- Extensive working knowledge gained administering mid-sized corporate IP networks, utilizing current Cisco technologies (MPLS, VRF-light, ISE and PRIME), network data storage, working familiarity with Windows & Linux Server OS’s and VMware server/storage virtualization technologies;
- Experience managing and administering Cisco Wifi networks in multiple facilities
- Knowledge and experience gained effectively administering and managing corporate network security using both best-of-breed and open source technologies
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license with an acceptable driving record;
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
Our organization offers a competitive compensation, extended health and vision benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #17051A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.