The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is the ultimate hockey fan experience, making stops in communities across Canada.
The City of Medicine Hat will kick off the weekend Friday, March 3 with a variety of activities downtown:
- 2nd Street: Shinny hockey rink set up on street; Rogers to serve hot chocolate / coffee, DJ music, food trucks, fire truck display, shooter skills station, bonfires, and other entertainment.
- Beveridge Building: Open and mini sports memorabilia trade show, live bands/music, refreshments and food.
- Hay Rides: 6th Avenue to 4th Avenue
- Movies: Monarch Theatre will show two movies before 11 p.m.
- Attire: Wear your favorite hockey attire.
- Fireworks: Start time approximately 11 p.m.
The official Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour festival starts at 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 4th and will feature family-friendly programming and activities all weekend long. Celebrate Canada’s game by picking up a virtual autograph inside the Rogers Tent, meet your favourite NHL Alumni in the Scotiabank Community Locker Room, test your skills in the Chrysler Pacifica Stow N Go Competition, and cheer for your local minor hockey teams in the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Join the crowd Sunday night in front of the Sportsnet mobile studio as Hometown Hockey hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone broadcast live from Medicine Hat. Stick around for a live performance from local musicians and watch as the Anaheim Ducks take on the Vancouver Canucks.
Street / Traffic Accommodations
Thursday March 2nd
Street closures will begin Thursday, March 2nd at 7 a.m.
- 1st Street SE starting at 5th Ave SE to South Railway. Detours will be available.
- 6th Avenue SE starting at 2nd Street SE across Finlay Bridge. Detours will be available.
Streets will be open to normal traffic flow Monday, March 6th starting at approximately 6 a.m.
Any parking permit holders or those who normally park in the Cottonwood or Linden lots may park at either the Transit terminal parkade or the Chokecherry parking lot at 2nd Street SE and 4th Avenue SE (Thursday, March 2nd through to and including Monday, March 6th) at no additional charge.
Friday March 3rd
- Starting at 12noon, 2nd Street SE (from 6th Avenue SE to South Railway) will be closed as the set up for the 2nd Street Kick-off Party will commence.
- There will be no parking on 2nd Street SE from 4 Avenue to 6 Avenue starting at approximately 2 p.m
- 2nd Street will reopen Friday night at approximately 12:00 midnight.
- Event and public parking will be available for Saturday, March 4th and Sunday, March 5th in the following locations:
- City of Medicine Hat underground parkade (free parking)
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday March 4th
- 8 a.m. to 12 midnight March 5th
- Transit Terminal Parking (free parking weekends)
- Esplanade Surface Lot (no charge weekends)
- Esplanade underground parking ($1 per hour max 5 hours)
- Parking lot along South Railway (free parking weekends)
- Chokecherry parking lot (free parking weekends)
The following places will have parking restrictions:
For more event information please visit
- Medicine Hat Public Library – library patrons only
Media inquiries please contact 416.764.1754.